Saturday, March 30, 2013

DIY Oven Cleaner



So I saw a pin on Pinterest so I had to give it a try. Actually, I knew this would work, but it's one of those cleaning jobs you just avoid. I mean, who wants to clean their oven? Well, the proof is in the pudding! Or in this case, Vinegar, Baking Soda, Lemon & some balled up aluminum foil. And elbow grease. Lots of elbow grease.

Ingredients

  • Baking soda
  • Vinegar
  • Half lemon (not pictured)
  • Balled-up aluminum foil

Pictures (with comments)




Before. Grimy, greasy, yucky. The glass in the door is gross.


My ingredients. I made a paste of baking soda & vinegar. Probably used about half a box of the baking soda, and I just poured a little bit of vinegar in at a time (to avoid the volcano eruption we're all too familiar with from 8th grade science).


I forgot to take a picture of it, but I used half a lemon as the applicator, and squeezed the fresh lemon juice all over the paste after I spread it on the door. Then I balled up aluminum foil as scours. You can see the grease on the aluminum ball.


Then I wiped it all way with a couple of paper towels. The door is now see-through and in fact reflective. You can see the top of my cabinets in the door's reflection now.


After. I think this worked. What do you think? It's not perfect, but like I said in the before/after photo, these results made me happy.


Here's the before & after comparison. Obviously the "after" isn't completely spotless, but it made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment